Wired headphones have distinct advantages over wireless alternatives. If we look at EPOS wireless headphones, we can evaluate the issue in 6 items.
- Sound Quality: Wired headphones generally offer higher sound quality than wireless headphones. Bluetooth and other wireless technologies may require compression, which can result in loss of audio quality. We can give EPOS, ADAPT 100, IMPACT 100, 200, 600 as examples. EPOS also clarifies and transmits the voice clearly with its self-developed EPOS Voice Clarity technology.
- No Delay: Wired headphones ensure that there is no delay in the delivery of sound to the headphones. This is especially important when it comes to gaming and video conferencing meetings, as any mismatch between audio and video can negatively impact the experience.
- Battery Life: Since wired headphones do not require charging or batteries, they are extremely comfortable to use for long periods of time. Since it is plug-and-play, it is compatible with every device.
- Reliable Connection: Wired headphones do not have the interruption or interference problems that can occasionally occur with wireless headphones. You get stable sound quality without worrying about losing your connection or losing signal quality.
- Compatibility: Wired headphones can usually connect directly to many devices with a 3.5mm jack or similar connection. Unlike wireless headphones, these can usually be used with devices that do not have Bluetooth or similar wireless technology. Since the product range of EPOS headphones is quite wide, it offers you the opportunity to choose products with both jacks and USB-A or USB-C.
- Unified Communications (UC): Wired headsets are easy to use and adapt to every communication platform. Thanks to recent collaborations, it is possible to see the button of the certified platform in call control units. This allows you to control meetings. EPOS wired headsets generally have Microsoft Teams certification, and it is possible to see the Teams button on the call control unit.
These advantages mean that wired headphones are ideal for certain situations. However, wireless headphones also have their own advantages, especially freedom of movement and ease of wireless use. Since both types have advantages and disadvantages, it is important to consider your personal needs and preferences to determine which headset is best for you.