In this article you can find step-by-step instructions on how to set up a printer connected to the USB port of a RUT955 router.
The necessary conditions are as follows;
A RUT955 Router running FW version RUT9XX_R_00.04.77 or newer
A computer running Windows 10 operating system,
A USB A to B printer cable.
- Connect the printer to the USB port of your RUT955 router. Connect your PC to the router via Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Log in to the Router's WebUI and go to Services → USB Tools → Print Server page. Click the Edit button and configure the printer settings;
- Activate the printer. The Device field should show the path to the printer's device file – select it. If it says “N/A”, try reconnecting the printer.
- Open the Printers and scanners page on your PC. Click on the Add printer or scanner button and wait until the note “The printer I want is not listed” appears;
- In the following window, select the TCP/IP address option and click Next.
Select TCP/IP Device, enter the router's LAN IP address and port name. For example:
- In the next window, select Device Type: Standard, find and select your printer manufacturer from the drop-down list;
- Find and select your printer from the list;
It will check the PC printer drivers. If your printer drivers have been previously installed, you can choose to replace them or use the currently installed drivers.
In the next two windows you will be asked to enter a custom name for the printer and set sharing rights. The last window offers the option to print a test page to find out if the printer has been installed successfully. If you select it and see a test page coming out of your printer – congratulations, you have successfully set up your printer!